Review of the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act
The Victorian Government is currently reviewing its main law that protects nature, the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act. This means that we are at a critical time to get a better law that protects nature in this State.
Let's not miss this opportunity to make the laws that protect the species and places you love, stronger! Get involved and tell the government what you think!
On this page are links to everything you need to know about the review.
- The Government's consultation on review of the FFG Act including how to submit (submissions must be in by 28 March 2017)
- EJA submission in response to consultation on reform of the FFG Act 1988
- Media release in response to consultation (with our friends Environment Victoria and Victorian National Parks Association)
- EJA briefing paper on the Government's consultation setting out changes we support in principle, what's missing and what's got to go
- Act on Extinction Event held with our friends Environment Victoria and Victorian National Parks Association on 28 February 2017:
- Radio interview with EJA's Sarah Brugler on RRR with Amy Mullins about the consultation
- Background reading:
- Detailed EJA reform proposal: 'Fixing Victoria's broken nature laws: A reform proposal for the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act' (August 2016)
- EJA Monitoring Report on implementation of the FFG Act: 'Where's the Guarantee? Implementation and enforcement of the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988 & The Wildlife Act 1975' (March 2012)
- Victorian Auditor-General's Office audit into administration of the FFG Act: 'Administration of the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988' (April 2009)
Image: Healesville Sanctuary