We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic is a worrying situation for all of us, especially the most vulnerable. I want to let you know the steps we are taking to respond to this crisis and reassure you that EJA will continue to deliver legal support that protects nature and community from environmental threats as the situation unfolds.
We have put in place the measures below, in line with advice from government and health professionals to best protect our staff, clients and the broader community. We are monitoring the situation closely and will continue to adapt these measures in response to advice from Commonwealth and State Departments of Health.
What EJA is doing:
- Our office is closed and we have implemented working from home arrangements for all staff. We ask that you please do not visit the office without prior arrangement with a member of the staff team.
- All EJA events will be held virtually where possible. Events and meetings that cannot be held online will be postponed until further notice.
- We expect our court cases and hearings will continue as usual though we expect this to change as courts impose their own measures to protect staff and the community.
- We have suspended our in-office volunteer program and we are presently working on options for our volunteers to continue providing remote support.
- If you have an enquiry or need legal advice or support from EJA, we ask you to please avoid attending our office and to instead contact us by email at [email protected] or through our website.
We thank our valuable supporters, volunteers, clients and collaborators for your understanding.