The EPA v Hazelwood mine owners case - fact sheet
Information for the Latrobe Valley community about the charges brought by the Victorian Environment Protection Authority for pollution caused by the Hazelwood mine fire in 2014.
In this fact sheet:
- what is the EPA Hazelwood mine fire case about?
- will Engie be defending the charges?
- why might they be found liable and what are the penalties?
- what does this mean for the Latrobe Valley?
- could there be compensation for residents?
Read the fact sheet The EPA v Hazelwood mine owners case (PDF, 237KB)